279 S Orange Ave, Livingston, NJ 07039
- 5 full, 1 half
- $4,023 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Move right in to this 5 Bedroom, 5 ½ Bath entertainer’s oasis! Just 20 miles west of New York City, easy access to NYC transportation and luxury shopping, 279 South Orange Avenue aims to please. Outstanding details include Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite countertops and top of the line stainless steel appliances. Warm and inviting Dining, Living and Family Rooms. Exceptional Master Suite, 4 additional bedrooms (1 First Level) and full service Lower Level complete with Kitchen, Recreation Room, Full Bath and plenty of room for the In-Laws AND an Au Pair. Meticulous landscaping and chic decorative pavers with resort-like gunite pool. All entertaining spaces flow seamlessly so indoor and outdoor living is a breeze. This home, an entertainer’s dream, simply cannot be missed!
Room by Room Details of 279 South Orange Avenue, Livingston
- Double wood entry doors
- Entry Foyer featuring natural stone flooring, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, 2 Coat Closets, staircase to Second Level, back part of Entry Foyer with door to Lower Level
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, elongated casement windows, archway to Family Room
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, crystal chandelier, baseboard molding, picture window doorway to kitchen
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with full wall brick surround and brick ledge, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, sliding glass door to outdoor deck, blinds
- Powder Room featuring tile flooring, wall tile with mosaic accent, recessed lighting, 2 sconces, custom wood vanity with storage, decorative mirror
- Kitchen featuring natural stone tile flooring, custom wood cabinetry, granite countertops, tile backsplash with mosaic decorative accent tile, mosaic decorative tile above range, recessed lighting, designer pendant lighting over island, built-in Desk Area with open shelving above, 2 pantry closets, stainless steel Wolf 6-burner oven/range, Wolf stainless steel hood, Frigidaire Gallery stainless steel refrigerator with icemaker, stainless steel Bosch dishwasher, built in GE stainless steel microwave, Breakfast Area with 3 pendant lights, sliding glass doors to outdoor deck, Pocket Door to Rear Hallway
- Rear Hallway featuring stone flooring, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, door to backyard, Coat Closet, doorway to basement, door to garage
- Laundry Room with natural stone flooring, built-in cabinetry and storage, utility sink, Whirlpool Washer and Dryer, recessed lighting, baseboard molding
- 2 Car Garage with electric doors
- Full Bath featuring shower with glass door, vanity with storage and laminate countertop, wallpaper, medicine cabinet, tile flooring
- Bedroom #5 featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, Closet, baseboard heat
- Large Second Floor Landing featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving
- Master Bedroom featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, double door closet, Walk-In Closet, doorway to balcony, Balcony with flagstone flooring and railings, sitting area
- Master Bathroom featuring tile flooring, wallpaper, linen closet, double vanity with storage, vanity lighting, recessed lighting, fan, Jacuzzi built-in tub with tile surround, custom cut mirrors
- Full Hallway Bathroom #1 featuring tile flooring, shower over tub with tile accent, wallpaper, recessed lighting, fan, double vanity with storage, decorative mirror, vanity lighting, linen closet with double doors
- Bedroom #2 featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, dual closets
- Bedroom #3 featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, dual closets with double sliding doors
- Bedroom #4 (flexibly being used as Office) featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, Closet with double sliding doors
- Full Hallway Bathroom #2 featuring tile flooring, wall tile, vanity with storage and laminate countertop, medicine cabinet, vanity lighting, linen closet, shower with glass door, recessed lighting, fan
- 2 Staircases to Lower Level
- Recreation Room featuring tile flooring, drop ceiling, sconces, baseboard heat
- Long hallway featuring tile flooring, drop ceiling, sconces
- Walk in closet with hanging storage
- Auxiliary Kitchen featuring custom cabinetry, laminate countertop, cooktop, sink, refrigerator, tile flooring
- Full Bath featuring tile flooring, wall tile, vanity with sink, fan/light, stall shower, linen closet, medicine cabinet, vanity lighting
- Utility Closet with utility sink
- 4 Large Rooms with tile, dropped ceiling recessed lighting, drop sink, closets easily used as Nanny’s Room, In-Law Suites, Art Studio, Playroom, conversion to wine cellar – endless options
- Rear staircase with carpeting, hanging lantern and bead board detail
- .78 Acres
- Convenient circular driveway with parking for 8 cars
- Driveway with tumbled pavers and decorative circular design
- Large Maintenance Free Deck and Railings
- Custom Paver Patio and Walkways
- Private, Fully fenced in flat yard
- Gunite Pool with decorative paver surround
- Professionally landscaped with blooming perennials and stone gardens
- Storage Shed
- Outdoor lighting
- 3 zones Heat/AC
- Sump pump
- Kitchen renovation (2016)
- Patio (2015)
- Driveway repaved (2015)
#livingstonnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
About LivingstonVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
If you are familiar with Livingston from years back, come back and visit, because today's Livingston does not look like the same town. The new town East Hills Dog Park & Fitness Trail center is amazing, new restaurants are opening everywhere, and the crazy thing is, Livingston is often overlooked because its not on the direct train line into NYC. However, a quick drive down South Orange Ave is all you need to hop on the train, and from there its an easy commute. Plus, the bus is an option as well. Easy access to NYC, reasonable prices (especially compared to some of the train-line towns), and wonderful schools make Livingston a great place to live!
Livingston School Information
The Livingston School district is renowned for its consistently high level of student achievement and ranks among the top school districts in New Jersey. There are six elementary schools – Burnet Hill, Collins, Harrison, Hillside Mt. Pleasant Elementary, Riker Hill – as well as two middle schools – Mount Pleasant, and Heritage – and a high school, Livingston High School
Livingston High School has been named one of the state’s best high schools in New Jersey Monthly Magazine. The school has won first place in the Essex County Mathematics Competition every year from 1989 to 2009 and offers a great range of 26 AP courses. In New Jersey Monthy’s 2010 ranking of New Jersey high schools, Livingston ranked at 22 out of 322. Livingston High School students also regularly receive recognition for their outstanding artistic and athletic achievements. The school recently underwent extensive building and renovation that will gave it 14 new science rooms, new fine arts and technology facilities, major classroom renovations, and a gymnasium facility capable of housing all the students.
Mt. Pleasant Middle School educates all of the sixth graders in the Livingston School District before they move on to Heritage Middle School for grades 7-8.
Livingston is a great place for families, with some awesome activities and camps for kids outside of school hours. Among the best are Camp Horizons, on the grounds of Newark Academy in Livingston, which has great facilities and a wide variety of activities; Weekday, run by the YMCA; and the Gesher Summer program.
Gibbs College on West Mount Pleasant Avenue, Route 10, is a center for higher education specializing in business, administration, computer technology, graphic arts, medical assisting and criminal justice.
Livingston Commuting Info
Bus to NYC from Livingston Provides commuter service from Livingston & West Orange into the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City, as well as service to Atlantic City.
The Community Coach runs through the center of Livingston to the NY Port Authority Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, while NJ Transit buses 70, 71, 73 and the MCM-3 travel between Livingston and Newark, Florham Park and West Caldwell, stopping at other towns and shopping malls en route. Livingston is served by several main roads, including the Interstate 280, Route 10, County Route 508 and the Eisenhower Parkway. Commuter parking passes are available for the South Mountain Arena in West Orange For information, call Essex County Department of Parks at 973-268-3500. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 25 minute drive away.
Livingston also has a Shuttle to the South Orange Train Station (With direct train service to NYC). This is for residents and non-residents. It costs $2.00 each way and Parking is free at the Livingston Mall. You can visit www.LivingstonExpressShuttle.org for more information.
Livingston BLOG POSTS
Imagine the Grand Prize Recipient in The Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity ProgramREAD MORE
“In The Know” Fall Editions Are Here!READ MORE
Livingston Town Center – Live the LifeREAD MORE
- 40 Minutes to NYC (Short Hills)
- 37 Minutes to NYC