Modern Ranch in Forest ParkLivingston Twp.
29 Hemlock Rd Livingston, NJ 07039
- 29 Hemlock Rd
- Livingston Twp.
- 4 Full and 1 Half
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
Price: $1,095,000 MLS#: 3203785
29 Hemlock Rd Livingston, NJ 07039
Welcome to 29 Hemlock Drive, a spectacular modern ranch in the heart of the desirable Forest Park section of Livingston. Highlighted by the use of soaring cathedral ceilings, skylights and clear story windows, the home’s open and easy floor plan is a must see.
A two-story Entry Foyer with open views of the expansive Great Room welcomes you to this meticulously maintained home. As the light streams in through the large clear story windows, the stained hardwood floors and decorative wood beams provide your first glimpse of the contemporary style evident at every turn in this uniquely designed home. Proceed into the Great Room where entertaining guests is a pleasure as you sit beneath the soaring wood beamed cathedral ceiling and gaze through three sets of sliding doors to the lushly landscaped backyard…sit in front of the fireplace for quiet conversation or relax as you dine with guests while enjoying the convenience of two built-in china closets that flank a large lacquered serving buffet. A pocket door leads to the chic Poggenpohl Kitchen featuring European aluminum laminate cabinetry, high-end stainless steel appliances and high tech, easy maintenance Amtico solid vinyl floor. Aluminum pendant fixtures, clear story windows and a skylight assure an abundance of light as you enjoy a quick snack at the Breakfast counter or a gourmet creation in the adjacent Breakfast Room with deck access – a stylish 2005 addition to the home.
After the meal, you can step across the hallway into the expertly outfitted Office, with its Corian topped built-in desks and credenzas and full wall of built-in filing cabinets. Working from home has never been so enjoyable. When it’s time to relax, move into the adjacent Family Room. Here you can read a book taken from the built in library shelves, watch your favorite show on the wall mounted big screen TV, or simply enjoy your choice of music piped in through the built-in speakers.
Everyone will find their own personal space in one of four bedrooms located on the opposite side of the home. The Master Bedroom Suite and En Suite “His & Hers” Baths showcase unique stone and tile finishes, built-in cabinetry, plenty of storage space and a truly spa-like feel – enjoy the serenity of a special retreat amid the comfort of your own home. There are three additional bedrooms; two with soaring vaulted ceilings, of which one has a built-in desk. Each has plenty of closet space and easy access to a striking full Hall Bath with stone topped double vanity and tiled shower over tub. A well-equipped Laundry Room and a large linen closet complete the first level.
And there’s more…the finished lower level features a large recreation area suited for all kinds of play, a Study Room perfect for doing homework, a spacious 12’ Cedar closet, plenty of finished and unfinished storage areas as well as access to the oversized 2-car garage. Outside, the backyard is private and spacious and provides endless opportunities for outdoor hobbies and play.
29 Hemlock Road is a bright, uniquely styled property that’s just waiting for the right family to call it home…Top-notch schools, great shopping and restaurants and easy access to NYC transportation are the icing on the cake.
- 2 Story Entry Foyer with clear story windows, wooden beam accents, hardwood floors, large coat closet (with hidden storage space) and chandelier and sconces, access to lower level via open staircase
- Great Room with hardwood floors under carpet, cathedral ceiling with wood beams, wood-burning fireplace with gas starter and built-in wood bin, dining area with white lacquer buffet and 2 large china closets, 5 skylights and clear story windows, recessed lights, 3 sets of sliders to deck, built-in display nook, Habitat wall sconces and access to Kitchen
- Poggenpohl Kitchen featuring European aluminum laminate cabinetry with frosted glass paned accents and display lighting, counter seating, stainless steel appliances including Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, Miele electric double wall oven, KitchenAid dishwasher, stainless under mount sink, garbage disposal and Instant Hot, built-in desk with task lighting, 8 aluminum pendant fixtures, clear story windows and skylight, Antico solid vinyl tile floor and pocket doors to Great Room and Hallway with access to lower level
- Breakfast Room (2006 addition) with cathedral ceiling, sliders to deck, Poggenpohl built-in buffet, 6 LED lights and large windows overlooking backyard and sliders to deck
- Powder Room with glass console sink, separate textured metal cabinet with granite countertop, stone tile floor and 2 sconces
- Office featuring 2 built-in laminated desks, cabinets and files with corian tops, additional built-in wall of file cabinets, 3 large windows, recessed lighting, carpeting with hardwood underneath
- Family Room featuring library shelves with rolling ladder, recessed and spot lighting, vaulted ceiling, built-in surround sound speakers stereo and TV, built-in lacquer cabinet running the length of the room, large windowed wall facing front yard, carpet with hardwood underneath
- Laundry Room with washer/dryer, built-in cabinet with stainless utility sink, vacuum and laundry cart nooks, recessed lighting, cabinets above washer and sink, vinyl tile floor
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring oak accent wall, built-in Bird’s Eye Maple headboard, bed platform and oak night tables, cathedral ceiling, ceiling fan, oak cabinet, sconces, carpet, 2 walk-in closets with built-in shelves/drawers, 3-way mirrored dressing nook with recessed lights, sliders to deck and “His & Hers” En Suite Baths
- “His & Hers” Baths feature large Jacuzzi tub with porcelain tile surround (shared via frosted glass door) and skylight above, stone accent wall, metal laminate vanity cabinets with granite tops, large mirrored wall with lighting, linen closet with shelves, medicine cabinet, 2 tiled stall shower alcove with towel closets and windows, makeup counter (seated height), windows with blinds
- Bedroom #2 with recessed lighting, double closet with built-in shelving, carpet with hardwood underneath and large window
- Bedroom # 3 with vaulted ceiling (18’ height), recessed lighting, double closet, second closet with shelves, carpet with hardwood underneath, 4 large sconces, built-in cabinet, large window with vertical blinds
- Bedroom #4 with vaulted ceiling (12’ height), double closet with shelves, 2nd closet with shelves, built-in desk with wood laminate finish, carpet with hardwood underneath
- Hall Bath with vanity cabinet with Corian top, recessed lights, heat lamp, tub with tiled wall, stall shower with full tiled wall, ceramic tile floor, linen closet
- Hallway with linen closet and access to lower level
- Recreation Room with built-in shelves, fluorescent lighting and carpet
- Study Room with built-in desk, carpet, large double closet, baseboard heating and access to unfinished storage areas
- Hall Bath with vanity cabinet, recessed lighting, shower over tub with tile wall, ceramic floor and linen closet
- Finished Storage Room
- 12’ Cedar closet with carpet
- Unfinished storage areas with shelves, utility sink and refrigerator
- Utility Room
- Access to 2-car garage and side door to driveway
- Multi-Zone Forced Air Heat/AC
- Electric heat in lower level
- All Bathrooms renovated in 2005
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room addition (2005)
- Upgraded insulation throughout home
- ADT Security System
- 200 Amp (double circuitry) electric
- 75 gallon hot water heater with emergency drain pipe
- Oversized 2-car garage with bike storage and pegboard
- Professionally landscaped
Visit The Community
The Livingston School district is renowned for its consistently high level of student achievement and ranks among the top school districts in New Jersey. There are six elementary schools – Burnet Hill, Collins, Harrison, Hillside Mt. Pleasant Elementary, Riker Hill – as well as two middle schools – Mount Pleasant, and Heritage – and a high school, Livingston High School
Livingston High School has been named one of the state’s best high schools in New Jersey Monthly Magazine. The school has won first place in the Essex County Mathematics Competition every year from 1989 to 2009 and offers a great range of 26 AP courses. In New Jersey Monthy’s 2010 ranking of New Jersey high schools, Livingston ranked at 22 out of 322. Livingston High School students also regularly receive recognition for their outstanding artistic and athletic achievements. The school recently underwent extensive building and renovation that will gave it 14 new science rooms, new fine arts and technology facilities, major classroom renovations, and a gymnasium facility capable of housing all the students.
Mt. Pleasant Middle School educates all of the sixth graders in the Livingston School District before they move on to Heritage Middle School for grades 7-8.
Livingston is a great place for families, with some awesome activities and camps for kids outside of school hours. Among the best are Camp Horizons, on the grounds of Newark Academy in Livingston, which has great facilities and a wide variety of activities; Weekday, run by the YMCA; and the Gesher Summer program.
Gibbs College on West Mount Pleasant Avenue, Route 10, is a center for higher education specializing in business, administration, computer technology, graphic arts, medical assisting and criminal justice.
Bus to NYC from Livingston Provides commuter service from Livingston & West Orange into the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City, as well as service to Atlantic City.
The Community Coach runs through the center of Livingston to the NY Port Authority Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, while NJ Transit buses 70, 71, 73 and the MCM-3 travel between Livingston and Newark, Florham Park and West Caldwell, stopping at other towns and shopping malls en route. Livingston is served by several main roads, including the Interstate 280, Route 10, County Route 508 and the Eisenhower Parkway. Commuter parking passes are available for the South Mountain Arena in West Orange For information, call Essex County Department of Parks at 973-268-3500. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 25 minute drive away.
Livingston also has a Shuttle to the South Orange Train Station (With direct train service to NYC). This is for residents and non-residents. It costs $2.00 each way and Parking is free at the Livingston Mall. You can visit www.LivingstonExpressShuttle.org for more information.