49 Madison Ave, Summit, NJ 07901Summit
49 Madison Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
- 49 Madison Ave
Listing for Sale! 49 Madison Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
For a Private Appointment, call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129!
Move right in to this absolutely charming 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath center hall colonial with open floor plan, totally updated throughout! Newly refinished hardwood floors, Living Room with striking fireplace and archway to Family Room with sliders to lush, flat backyard with patio, newly updated kitchen with custom cabinetry, center island with breakfast bar and all new stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops and tiled floor, Master Bedroom with newly renovated en-suite bath, updated Full Hall Bath, several new windows, newly painted interior, new exterior wood fencing – this one has it all! Situated in sought after Summit with easy access top notch schools & direct train to NYC, this one will absolutely not last!
Welcome to 49 Madison Avenue, a meticulously maintained 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath family home in the heart of Summit, NJ. Nestled beneath a canopy of mature trees on a charming tree-lined street, this center hall colonial features generously sized rooms with numerous upgrades and and a comfortable, open floor plan.
Step through the inviting front door featuring original leaded glass accents into the spacious Living Room highlighted by its warm hued, newly refinished hardwood floors and an impressive fireplace with wood mantel and brick surround. What a great place to gather for family events or parties with friends. Continue on through a broad archway into the open Family Room where sunlight streams through the sliding glass doors that lead to a spacious patio sitting amid greenery in all directions. What a great place for al fresco dining or meals prepared in the adjacent gourmet Kitchen. Here you’ll find elegant custom cabinetry with plenty of storage space, brand new stainless steel appliances and a spacious granite topped center island complete with a conveniently located sink and Breakfast Bar. Sit down for a casual meal in the cozy dining nook with views of the backyard or enjoy your gourmet creations served in the neighboring formal Dining Room featuring hardwood floors and a large picture window. A conveniently located Powder Room and useful tiled Mud Room complete the first level living space.
The spacious Master bedroom on the second level provides an inviting private retreat. Large windows usher in plenty of light, a cozy corner nook is just perfect for an elegant makeup vanity or as a dressing area and an updated en suite marble bath assures your complete satisfaction. Three additional large bedrooms on the second level and an updated full hall bath provide comfort and privacy for your family and guests. And there’s more…an unfinished lower level with access to all utilities and a large utility sink has plenty of flexibility for all your particular needs.
Upon viewing, you’ll undoubtedly see how much the home at 49 Madison Avenue has to offer. Beautiful grounds and spacious rooms combined with easy access to shopping, NYC transportation and a top school system make this home an ideal place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 49 Madison Avenue, Summit
- Entry with brick faced stone staircase, storm door and wood door with leaded glass accents; foyer open to Living Room and Dining Room
- Living Room with refinished hardwood floors, wood burning fireplace with wood mantel, stone hearth and brick surround, large picture window and 2 additional windows, crown molding; access to center staircase, Dining Room and archway to Family Room
- Family Room with ceramic tile floor, recessed lighting, sliding doors to patio and backyard, 1 additional window; open to Kitchen
- Kitchen featuring custom cabinetry with glass front accents, 2 pantry cabinets with pullout drawers, granite counter tops, ceramic tile backsplash, all new stainless steel KitchenAid appliances including 5-burner range with center griddle and oven below, built-in microwave over, refrigerator/freezer and dishwasher, center island with granite countertop, stainless steel sink, breakfast bar and corner glass fronted cabinet below, 3 pendant lights above, recessed lighting, dining nook with iron and glass chandelier and window facing backyard; access to Dining Room, Powder Room, Mud Room and basement
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, chair rail, large picture window, iron and glass chandelier
- Powder Room with ceramic tile floor, furniture style vanity with sink and mirror above, light fixture, window with blinds
- Mud Room with ceramic tile floor, window, side door and light fixture
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors, large linen closet with shelving, light fixture and pull down stairs to attic
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, ceiling fan with light, 2 windows with vertical blinds, crown molding, 2 large closets, vanity nook with pendant light, en suite bath with marble tile floor, marble topped vanity with mirrored medicine cabinet above, crown molding, shower over tub with tiled walls, light fixture with exhaust fan
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, 2 large windows, supplemental baseboard heat, closet
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, large double door closet with shelves, 2 large windows with blinds, supplemental baseboard heat
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, 2 windows with vertical blinds, ceiling fan with light, crown molding, deep closet
- Full Hallway Bath with ceramic tile floor, granite topped vanity with cabinets below and framed mirror above, window, chair rail, shower over tub with subway tiled walls, recessed lights
- Unfinished storage/utility area with utility sink
- 1-car garage with electric door and shelving
- Professionally landscaped property (2016) with large concrete patio, flat fenced in backyard with mature trees and shrubs and stone retaining wall
- Refinished wood floors (2016)
- 8 new windows installed (2016)
- Entire interior and trim painted (2016)
- Shutters painted (2016)
- Wood fence installed (2016)
- Kitchen updated with new stainless steel appliances (2016)
- Master Bath update with new tile floor, sink faucet and ceiling fixture/fan (2016)
- Basement utility sink installed (2016)
Visit The Community
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.