65 S Passaic Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 2 full, 1 half
- $2,820 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Nestled at the end of a quiet street near the center of Chatham, 65 South Passaic Avenue offers a unique combination of charm and convenience. Constructed in 1865, the home has a new build feel following meticulous renovations by the current owners. Warm and inviting, new windows abound each room and let in natural light that permeates throughout. Visitors are greeted in the main foyer that opens into a Living Room that features new floor to ceiling custom cabinetry and large bay windows that border both sides of the room. The Kitchen is equipped with stainless steel appliances and custom wood cabinets. From the Kitchen, watch the children play in the expansive, fenced in back yard that is accessible through French Doors and features a new brick paver patio. Upstairs you will find three spacious bedrooms that come with plenty of closet and storage space. A cathedral ceiling accentuates the master suite, which boasts a completely renovated sleek marble en suite bathroom. Located a short walk to eateries, boutiques, top-ranked schools, parks and the Chatham Train Station, 65 South Passaic is suburban living at its finest.
Room by Room Details of 65 South Passaic Avenue Chatham
- Entry Foyer featuring solid wood exterior door with glass transom and side lites, recessed lighting, coat closets, pendant decorative light, open to Living Room, double french doors to back patio and access to Dining Room.
- Bright Living Room featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, floor to ceiling custom lighted built-ins encasing wood burning fireplace, baseboard and crown molding, 2 bow windows with custom drapes facing the front and back yard, built in book shelves and access to dining room.
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, modern glass chandelier, corner built-in floor to ceiling wood china cabinet, two double hung window with custom fabric valance, baseboard and crown molding, open to Family room and Kitchen
- Family Room with hardwood floors, drum mounted light, 3 windows, leads to stairway to upper level.
- Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, 2 flush decorative lights, 3 windows with woven wood shades, breakfast area with French Door to the outside deck, custom wood and glass door cabinets and granite countertop, subway tile back splash, stainless steel appliances including: Kenmore elite French Door refrigerator, Kenmore oven with 6 gas burners, GE Profile Spacemaker over the range microwave, Bosch dishwasher, stainless sink, door to Butler’s Pantry/Mudroom/Laundry Room.
- Mudroom/Laundry room/Butlers Pantry with stone flooring, stainless steel wine refrigerator, floor to ceiling custom built ins, LG front load steam stainless steel washer and dryer, exterior door with glass paneling to drive way and door to Powder Room.
- Powder room with recessed lighting, stone floor, marble built in vanity, wood framed mirror, Kohler sink and toilet.
- Carpeted stairway with recessed lighting and access to 2nd floor carpeted hallway, baseboard molding access to all Bedrooms and Full Bathroom
- Bedroom #1 with carpet, baseboard molding, 2 windows with custom fabric shades, closet with shelving
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, baseboard molding, 2 windows with custom fabric shades, closet with shelving
- Master Bedroom Suite with carpeting, cathedral ceiling, 2 sets of 3 side by side decorative windows facing front and back yard with custom drapes, large ceiling fan modern light, 2 modern sconces, large double closet with shelving, door to Master Bathroom with marble floor, double Kohler sink with custom wood vanity and double mirror with lighting, 2 sky lights, Kohler toilet and shower with decorative marble tile surround and shelving, doors to large linen pantry with shelving.
- Full Bathroom with wood plank tile floor, custom wood cabinet with marble countertop and frameless mirror with lighting, Kohler sink, toilet and tub with subway tile and rain showerhead, one window with custom fabric shade.
- Unfinished storage with tool shed and shelving, 2 encasement windows
- Bluestone walkway to bluestone entryway with brick pavers and entry dormer
- Brick paver patio leading to porch with two outdoor sconces
- Fenced in flat back yard
- Detached shed for storage
- Swing set
- Quiet dead-end street
- Architect plans for additional bedroom and expanded kitchen/family room
- New rubbed bronze knobs throughout house
- Walk to town, train and schools
- New A/C Unit and Furnace
- New sewer line
- Custom window treatments throughout house
- Roof and windows replaced in 2014
- Renovated bathrooms in the last 5 years
- New custom built-in shelving in Living Room and Mudroom
- New brick paver patio
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers. [optima_express_toppicks id="236523" sortBy="pd" displayType="grid" resultsPerPage="6" header="false" includeMap="false"]
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
2017 Chatham New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC