Four Bedroom Wickham Woods Colonial on Large .6 Acre LotChatham
12 Westminster Rd Chatham, NJ 07928
- 12 Westminster Rd
- 2 Full and 1 Half
12 Westminster Rd Chatham, NJ 07928
SOLD! Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
Welcome to 12 Westminster Rd Chatham, NJ 07928, a classic center hall Colonial situated on a picturesque street in the heart of Chatham Township. Nestled beneath a canopy of mature trees surrounding a large level lot, this home features generously sized rooms and a comfortable, open floor plan.
Upon entering, a center hall Foyer serves as your introduction to this gracious home. Proceed through an archway to an open and airy living room where friends and family will enjoy gathering for conversation in front of the attractive wood-burning fireplace. Continue on to the Formal Dining Room, a truly elegant space for entertaining in complete comfort and style. Prepare your meals in the remodeled chef’s kitchen with high-end stainless appliances and convenient center island breakfast bar – an ideal set-up for a quick snack – or if you prefer, dine more leisurely as you sit down in the Breakfast Room featuring built-in custom cabinetry and buffet serving surface. Take a short step down into the Family Room where you can cozy up in front of the fireplace with a book or watch your favorite TV shows while looking through the large arched windows out onto the lush greenery in the backyard. Step out through the French doors onto the deck that provides expansive space for entertaining and dining. Beyond the deck, the large level backyard offers all the space you need for active play and gardening. Picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs, appetizing smells coming from the barbeque grill and family members and friends gathered for quality time together.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level. The Master Suite awaits with hardwood floors, 3 large windows, ample storage in the walk-in closet as well as a spa-like en suite bath featuring ceramic tile, a Corian topped vanity with double sinks and make-up table, a large tiled stall shower along with a whirlpool tub with detailed tile accents that are bathed in light from the decorative stained glass window above. Three generous sized bedrooms featuring hardwood floors, ample closet space and plenty of light streaming through their large windows provide an abundance of living space for family and guests. A full Hallway Bath and large linen/storage closet finish the second level. A large unfinished basement provides many additional options for additional storage and recreation space.
12 Westminster Avenue brings generous interior spaces, a prime location and pretty setting together in one fabulous package…it’s the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor details of 12 Westminster Rd Chatham, NJ 07928
- Entry Hallway with hardwood floors, coat closet, fixture, archway to Living Room and Kitchen access
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with wood mantel, brick surround and slate hearth, access to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, chair rail, chandelier, 2 windows with window treatments and access to Kitchen
- Kitchen features open layout with custom dark wood cabinetry, Corian topped center island with Breakfast Bar, stainless steel appliances including 6 Burner Viking range with hood, Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, Viking double wall oven, KitchenAid dishwasher, ceramic tile floor with decorative inlay, recessed lights, pendant light, 2 pantry closets, crown moldings and access to basement and garage
- Breakfast Room with tile floor, chandelier, 3 large windows and door to back deck, built-in cabinetry with glass paned doors, storage and buffet serving surface that acts as room divider to step-down Family Room, laundry area behind bi-fold doors
- Family Room with large windowed wall facing backyard, French doors to deck, carpet, fireplace with brick wall and hearth, crown moldings, ceiling fan, paneling and built-in shelving with display space and storage cabinet
- Powder Room with marble floor, pedestal sink and built-in cabinet
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floors, walk-in closet, 3 windows and En Suite Bath featuring double vanity with Corian top and built-in make-up table, stall shower with full tiled wall, whirlpool tub with ceramic tile surround, decorative tile accents and decorative stained glass window
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, closet and 2 large windows
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, closet, 3 windows and window treatments
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, walk-in closet and paneling
- Hall Bath featuring vanity, shower over tub with glass door, tiled floor and walls, recessed lights, 2 sconces and window with frosted glass
- Gallery Hallway with linen closet and pull-down stairs to attic
- Large unfinished Storage Area with 2 refrigerators and access to utilities
- New Furnace (2014)
- 1-Zone AC with air filters
- Attic Fan
- Kitchen addition/remodel (1990)
- 2 Car garage
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.