With its close proximity to Manhattan, Maplewood is a thriving commuter neighborhood that residents find irresistible. In fact, many Maplewood residents have named their village “Brooklyn West” and accordingly, it’s not that different than Park Slope or Brooklyn Heights. Families accustomed to the hip and cultured lifestyle of Brooklyn will sure to be happy in Maplewood, where town life centers around Maplewood Avenue and its array of Mom and Pop stores, quaint cafés, original restaurants, bars and pubs and of course, the Able Baker and Arturo’s–town favorites. Parks and playgrounds adjoin the downtown shopping area, creating a family-friendly environment. With quality schools, scenic open spaces, shopping and entertainment options, and gorgeous properties, residents agree that Maplewood is truly an outstanding community to live in!
The town’s artistic bend shines through every month with their wide array of theatre, art and music offerings. Stop by Maplewood this month and checkout these events…
– Society of Musical Arts present A vocal Sandwich (on Ludwig) Sunday March 1, 4:00pm @ Prospect Presbyterian Church
– TED x Maplewood Free Art Reception, Sunday March 1, 1:00pm @ The Burgdorff Center
– MAPSO Funny Presents: The Women of SOMA – Stand up Comedy Show March 6, 8:00pm @ The Burgdorff
– MENDS 2020 Green Beach Gals March 7, 7:00pm @ The Woodland
– The Strollers Present – Night Watch (Multiple Dates) March 13 – March 22 @ The Burgdorf
– Progressive Theater Presents: With Warmest Regards March 14, 2:00pm @ The Burgdorff
– The Love Series 3 – Artist Showcase March 14, 6:00pm @ The Burgdorff
– Lunar Fest NJ Sunday March 15, 11:30am @ The Woodland
– The SOMA Film Festival – Putting Independent Film First (Multiple Dates) March 18- March 22) @ The Woodland
– Microplastic Madness: SOMA Film Fest Kids Program Dinner & Movie March 18 6:00pm @ The Woodland
– Ruth Asawa: Sculptor, Educator and Arts Activist March 19 @ Columbia High School
– SOMO Film Festival Friday March 20, 7:00pm @ The Woodland
Contact us if you are interested in buying a house in Maplewood! We are happy to show you around.