Perfect Live Work Situation, Large Livingston Home with Separate Professional Practice OfficeLivingston Twp.
142 W Northfield Rd Livingston, NJ 07039
- 142 W Northfield Rd
- Livingston Twp.
- 2 Full and 2 Half Baths
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
SOLD! MLS# 3193907 | Price $549,000
142 W Northfield Rd Livingston, NJ 07039
Welcome to 142 West Northfield Avenue, a well maintained home in the heart of Livingston, NJ. This three bedroom, two full and two half bath brick colonial home showcases a versatile private Professional Office space, complete with three offices/exam rooms, reception area, waiting room and ample private parking that is perfect for both work and family needs. This home has been well-maintained and remains true to the original character and charm of the classic home and neighborhood.
Upon approaching the home’s main entrance, you are greeted by a warm Entry Foyer that opens into the spacious Living Room, where you are welcomed by the warmth that emanates from the wood burning fireplace, with its elegant marble surround, complimented by gleaming hardwood floors and crown moldings. The adjacent formal Dining Room features crown moldings, convenient built in storage, hardwood floors and access to Kitchen. Beyond the dining area through sliding pocket glass doors you will find an intimate wood planked Family Room featuring a wood burning stove, surrounded by large picture windows, which provides the perfect backdrop for a large gathering of family and friends or an intimate evening relaxing the cozy fire. The eat-in Kitchen provides an ideal location to sit and gaze out through the large picture window to the views of the meticulously maintained backyard. A conveniently located Powder Room rounds out the first level of family living space. An office nook joins the first level of living space to the Professional Office space, where you will find three offices, a reception area with reception window to the waiting room and a separate entrance with private ramp access to the parking lot. This multifunctional space is perfectly suited for a wide variety of professional uses.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level, where the Master Bedroom awaits you, completed a large closet, hardwood floors and adjoining dressing area featuring a spacious double closet. Two additional bedrooms with hardwood floors and recessed lighting, one complete with a cozy window seat with storage, provide an abundance of living space for family and guests. A full Hall Bathroom with linen closet and Jacuzzi tub, as well as a large hallway storage closet rounds out the second level.
And there’s more…the finished basement level includes a Recreation Room that’s perfect for all kinds of family fun and plenty of storage space in the unfinished section, also home to a laundry area. Outside, the Patio overlooks the flat property, an attractive space that can cater to both active and relaxing activities, perfect for the entire family.
Tremendous love and maintenance has gone into this exceptionally versatile home, giving it an incredibly desirable feel. With easy access to NYC transportation and top-notch schools, 142 West Northfield Avenue is the ideal place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 142 W Northfield Rd Livingston, NJ 07039
- Foyer with two closets, opens into living room with stair case access, tile floors, entry door with stained glass detail and access to kitchen
- Living Room with wood floors, wood burning fireplace with marble surround, stone accent wall, crown molding, recessed lighting throughout and opens into dining room
- Dining Room with entry from Living Room and access to Kitchen and Family Room, wood floors, built in storage cabinet, recessed lighting throughout and crown molding
- Powder with pedestal sink and wood wainscoting
- Family Room with wood floors, wood plank ceiling and walls, large picture windows, skylight, track lighting, wood burning stove, and access to the dining room, kitchen and rear deck
- Kitchen wood floors, track lighting, picture window and access to office nook, Dining Room and Living Room
- Rear deck with gazebo and stairs leading to flat yard
- Professional Offices #1-3 each with linoleum floor, countertop with sink, wood panel accent wall and drop ceiling
- Professional Office Powder Room with pedestal sink, linoleum and hall closet
- Professional Office Waiting Area with carpet, wood paneling, drop ceiling, receptionist window and private entrance with accessible ramp to parking lot
- Professional Office Reception Area with desk and carpet
- Hallway with closet, wood floors and pull down stairs with walk out attic access
- Hall Bath with tile floor, recessed lighting, linen closet and Jacuzzi tub
- Master Bedroom with wood floors, closet and dressing room with vanity and closet
- Master Bath with tile floor, pedestal sink, stall shower and recessed lighting
- Bedroom #2 with wood floors, two closets and recessed lighting
- Bedroom #3 with wood floors, closet and window seat with storage
- Finished basement with linoleum floor, wood paneled celing and storage closet in Recreation Room and unfinished Utility Room/Storage Room with laundry area
Additional Features and Updates
- Option for Professional Office with parking and combined living quarters
- Separate heat and Central A/C Units for Home and Office
- Home A/C Compressor (2014)
- Gutters (2014)
- 2 Sump Pumps
- Automatic Garage Door Opener
- Security System
Visit The Community
The Livingston School District is renowned for its unwaveringly high level of student achievement, ranking among the top school districts in New Jersey. There are six elementary schools serving the district (Burnet Hill, Collins, Harrison, Hillside, Mt. Pleasant and Riker Hill), two middle schools (Mount Pleasant and Heritage) as well as Livingston High School. Livingston High School is consistently named one of the state’s best high schools in New Jersey Monthly Magazine, and Livingston students regularly receive recognition for their outstanding academic, artistic, and athletic achievements. The district has a strong reputation for academic rigor and offers extensive advanced placement courses, and quality is reflected in their top-notch facilities as well as the extensive support they provide for their students.
Livingston is located nearby the Millburn, South Orange, Summit, and Chatham train stations which provide multiple commuting routes to NYC, and the area is also served by multiple bus routes leading to Newark Penn Station which is only a quick Path Train ride away from NYC. There are also direct bus routes from Livingston to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City. Livingston is conveniently located close to several main roads, including Route 280, Route 10, County Route 508, the Eisenhower Parkway, Interstate 78, the Garden State Parkway and the NJ Turnpike, and Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 25 minute drive away.