208 Park Ave, Madison, NJ 07940
- 2 full, 1 half
- $2,209 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Move right in to this magical 4 Bedroom, 2½ Bath Storybook Tudor located in Madison’s Oak Knoll neighborhood. Close to Midtown Direct Train, top-notch schools, Traction Line Hiking Trail, Giralda Farms, Fairleigh Dickinson/Drew University and fabulous shopping/restaurants in Madison, Florham Park and Morristown. Nestled among gorgeous gardens and offering immense privacy, this bright, gracious home boasts elegant craftsmanship, a generous floorplan and fabulous architectural details including plaster walls and ceilings, Tudor-style arches, gleaming hardwood floors and period hardware/doors throughout. Spectacular Living Room with original fireplace. Dreamy, sunny Dining Room. Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with granite and stainless steel appliances. Mud Room. Master Bedroom with 3 Closets (also option for Master on Second Level). All baths beautifully done. Enchanting Patio and outdoor entertaining space. Finished Lower Level with Half Bath, Recreation Room and Laundry. Tons of storage throughout. Don’t miss all this charming home has to offer!
Room by Room Details of 208 Park Avenue, Madison
- Entry Foyer featuring French door at entry, hardwood floors, plaster walls and ceiling, recessed lighting, baseboard molding
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with original brick surround and built in nook, gas insert, plaster walls and ceiling, picture window, wood blinds, baseboard molding, crown molding, open to Family Room
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, plaster walls and ceiling, double windows, wood blinds, baseboard molding, crown molding, ceiling fan/light fixture, picture shelves
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, bead board wainscoting, bead board ceiling, crown molding, baseboard molding, windows at 2 exposures, custom roller shades, chandelier
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood -look floors, custom cabinetry including glass door cabinetry, granite countertops, tile backsplash, skylight, breakfast bar with seating for 2, recessed lighting, Whirlpool stainless 5 burner oven/range, built in stainless Whirlpool microwave, Whirlpool stainless refrigerator/freezer, all appliances NEW 2017
- Mud Room featuring architectural arched door, tile flooring, Double Door Coat Closet, arched ceiling, pendant light fixture
- 1 Car Garage
First Level Sleeping Area
- Bedroom #1 (currently being used as Master Bedroom) featuring arch at entry, hardwood floors, plaster walls and ceilings, light fixture/fan, 3 Closets, windows at 2 exposures, custom window panels, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Full Hall Bath featuring tile flooring, pedestal sink, tile wainscoting, tub/shower combination with tile surround, Linen Closet, glass shelf, flush mount light fixture
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, plaster walls and ceilings, light fixture/fan, Closet, built in open shelving, windows at 2 exposures, custom window panels, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Carpeted staircase to Lower Level with additional access via Bilco doors
- Recreation Room featuring concrete floors, flush mount lighting, baseboard molding, Utility Closet
- Half Bath featuring tile flooring, wall mount sink, flush mount light fixture
- Laundry Room featuring concrete floors, LG front loader washer with sidekick washer, LG front loader dryer, washer/dryer NEW 2016, peg storage, utility sink
- Huge Storage/Utility Room with built in shelving
- Sump pumps and French drains
- Second Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, plaster walls and ceiling, flush mount light fixture, Walk In Storage Closet
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, ceiling fan/light fixture, eave storage, Closet, baseboard molding, access to side attic storage
- Ensuite Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, exposed brick, ceiling fan, built in open shelving, Closet, Sitting Area/TV Room with vaulted ceiling, hardwood floors and recessed lighting, Bathroom featuring tile flooring, pedestal sink, built in cabinet, tub/shower combination with tile surround, medicine cabinet, 2 light sconce, access to attic
- Over 1/3 Acre
- Professionally landscaped with mature specimen plantings
- Meandering bluestone walkways, cedar arbor
- Shade garden/cherry tree
- Flagstone Patio with dining and conversation area
- Flat lush lawn, fenced in
- Large driveway can accommodate 7 cars
- NEW drainage system in yard
- NEW bamboo containment barrier
- Picket fence
- Storage/Gardening Shed
- Cedar Pergola
- Ecobee Thermostat
- NEW House humidifier (2018)
- Original plaster walls and ceilings throughout
- Original doors and hardware throughout
- Tons of closets and storage throughout
- 2 zone HVAC (downstairs Carrier unit NEW 2018)
#madisonnj on Instagram
EMAIL PROPERTY ALERTS
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About MadisonVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Madison is an enchanting suburb with a rich history and an engaged, passionate community. The area mixes a peaceful, small town atmosphere with a modern and cosmopolitan culture. It is also home to two distinguished universities, adding to the exciting and active lifestyle that Madison living affords its residents. This locale is perfect for families and young professionals, especially considering how effortless and convenient commuting options are for both NYC and the rest of New Jersey. The thriving commerce, great schools, amazing real estate market, and endless amenities has made Madison, NJ an extremely coveted location for homebuyers.
Madison School Information
The Madison Public Schools pride themselves on their reputation of high levels of performance, which they achieve easily due to their dedicated staff members and their well-rounded approach to education. The district consists of four elementary schools (Kings Road, Central Avenue, and Torey J. Sabatini), The Madison Junior School, and Madison High School. This town’s educational system is committed to delivering a curriculum that is tailored to meet the needs of all students, and Madison High School was recently praised by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for providing “a rich, broad, and diverse educational program” for its students. It’s selection includes four world languages (Spanish, French, German, & Italian) and 16 Advanced Placement courses, including Calculus, Computer Science, and Environmental Health. In addition to the rich academic environment, the school boasts many character and service opportunities for students, and there are dozens of clubs and 23 interscholastic sports. Madison High School features 45 athletic teams in 18 sports, and they have clinched an array of conference, county, and state titles. The arts aren’t forgotten in Madison either; every year, their young virtuosos are selected for prestigious regional and state performing groups.
Madison is also home to Drew University and Fairleigh Dickinson University, both residing on lush, gorgeous campuses and offering a wide array of educational programs, community-based services, and academic opportunities. Additionally, the popular Adult School of Chatham, Madison, and Florham Park offers a fabulous selection of classes for adult learners that wish to broaden their skills and expand their minds. Numerous children’s workshops and summer programs are also available through private institutions and local universities, making Madison a hub of higher learning for all ages.
Madison Commuting Info
The town center has its own train station, Madison Station, where commuters can take NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct service that allows them to reach New York Penn Station in under one hour. Madison is situated on the Morristown branch of the Morris and Essex Line, with trains for the Hoboken terminal and subsequent connections to lower New York City. The additional selection of bus routes allow for easy travel throughout Madison and beyond.
By car, Routes 24 and 287, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all easily accessible, and Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 25 minute drive away. Madison is also a mere 10 minutes by car to Morristown Municipal Airport. Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry, the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach, which operate as straight shots to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
Madison BLOG POSTS
2018 New Jersey Monthly High School Rankings Are Out! Our Midtown Direct Towns Shine!READ MORE
2017 Madison New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
Painting the Town YellowREAD MORE
- 51 Minutes to NYC