42 Sunset Dr, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
- 4 full, 1 half
- $5,385 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Move right in to this impeccable, bright and airy 5 Bedroom, 4½ Bath Center Hall Colonial in sought after Chatham, close to New York City, top notch schools, Midtown Direct train and downtown Chatham and Madison shopping and restaurants. Beautifully situated on spectacular lot with lush and private, park-like property with mature trees and meticulous landscaping. The most SERENE backyard for entertaining with multi-level Patios, fire pit and Koi Pond. Gleaming hardwood floors. Spacious and sun-drenched Living Room. Stunning Family Room with fireplace, wall of windows and access to Patio. Spacious Master Suite with 2 Walk-In Closets and spa-like Master Bath. 4 other spacious bedrooms (1 Ensuite). Desirable Second Floor Laundry. Fully finished Lower Level with Catering Kitchen, Play Room, Full Bath for entertaining. This home, located in one of Chatham’s most coveted neighborhoods, is outstanding in every way!
Room by Room Details of 42 Sunset Drive, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with limestone flooring
- Powder Room featuring cut crystal sink
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, gas fireplace with custom millwork mantle and stone surround, bay window, rustic chandelier, in ceiling speakers, baseboard molding, crown molding, shutters, painted soothing gray
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, bay window, designer elongated light fixture, shutters, baseboard molding, crown molding, painted soothing hue
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom wood cabinetry including glass door cabinetry, granite countertops, tile backsplash, custom hood, island with seating for 3, regular and bar sink, pendant lantern over island, recessed lighting, semi-flush mount over sink area, Coffee/Bar Area with SubZero wine refrigerator, Wolf, Miele and Sub Zero high-end appliance package, Breakfast Area with designer orb chandelier, double French doors to backyard, open to Family Room
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with custom millwork mantle and stone surround, custom built ins with open and concealed storage, wall of windows and double French doors out to backyard, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Mud Room with door to Garage
- 2 car garage with elevated ceilings and ceiling mount storage racks
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring carpeting, vaulted ceiling, oversized windows with custom window treatments, chandelier, recessed lighting, separate sleeping and sitting areas, 2 Walk In Closets with custom storage, baseboard molding
- Master Bathroom featuring heated tile flooring, custom double vanity with granite countertop, built in jacuzzi tub, frameless glass door shower, recessed lighting
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, ceiling fan/light fixture, recessed lighting, oversized windows with woven shades, baseboard molding, crown molding, custom built ins, Closet
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, accent wallpaper wall, semi-flush mount light fixture, double windows with custom window treatments, Closet
- Ensuite Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, crown molding, Closet, Bathroom featuring tile flooring, furniture style vanity, built in jacuzzi tub, custom roman shades, 3 light sconce, wall sconce
- Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, ceiling fan/light fixture, baseboard molding, crown molding, Closet, 3 oversized windows
- Laundry Room
- Full Hall Bath
- Recreation Room featuring carpeting, recessed lighting
- Catering Kitchen featuring tile flooring, custom cabinetry including glass door cabinetry, sink, stainless dishwasher, stainless refrigerator
- Play Room
- Bonus Room
- Full Bathroom
- Utility Rooms, Storage Closets and large crawl space
- Sprawling front yard
- Sprinkler System
- Covered front entry
- Professional landscaping with mature specimen trees and blooming perennials
- Rear Entertaining Slate Patio with stone wall border, room for sitting and dining areas
- Separate Fire Pit Patio Area
- Waterfall with Koi Pond
- Framed and wood chipped play area
- Flat grassy play areas surrounded by professional landscaping
- Newer roof, siding, heat/AC, electric, gas hot water heater
- In ceiling speakers in Family Room, Living Room and Dining Room
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
EMAIL PROPERTY ALERTS
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
2017 Chatham New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC