Stunning 7 Bedroom New Construction on 2.7 acresChatham
792 Fairmount Avenue, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 792 Fairmount Avenue
- New Jersey
- 2.70 acres
- 7 full, 1 half
SOLD! 792 Fairmount Avenue, Chatham, NJ 07928
Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
Brand new custom construction where elegance meets expert craftsmanship, this estate is nestled on 2.7 acres of lush, sprawling property, only 5 minutes to New Providence train station or 10 minutes to Summit train station, which has the most direct train options to NYC. With excellent flow for both entertaining and daily life, this stunning custom colonial features 4 full finished living levels with a generous and flexible floorplan, boasting 7+ Bedrooms and 7.5 baths. An expansive Family Room, Dining Room and Living Room with coffered ceilings and extensive and detailed millwork, chef’s dream kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances open to stunning Hearth Room and rear deck with flat outdoor area, along with a spacious and inviting Family Room and a conveniently located and versatile 1st floor Bedroom/Study all round out the 1st level. Upstairs, the Master Bedroom features intimate fireside sitting area, massive walk-in closet and Cararra marble en suite bath with jetted tub and oversized steam shower. Also on this level are two Bedrooms with a jack and jill bath and large walk-in closets, two additional Bedrooms with en-suite baths, as well as an additional multifunctional Bedroom/Study. With two more Bedrooms and two Recreation Rooms and the Lower Level Recreation Room pre-wired for a home theater, the living space in this home is abound! And to top it off, this immaculate home features cutting edge Crestron Smart Home automated system throughout to control lighting, temperature, security and audio/video, all designed and installed by renowned Audio Video Crafts – this dream home has everything and more!
Welcome to 792 Fairmont Avenue where no detail has been overlooked in this one-of-a- kind custom colonial. Sitting majestically at the crest of a private 2.7-acre lot with lush surrounding views, this 7+ bedroom, 7.5 bath home provides a rare new construction opportunity in the heart of Chatham Township.
Upon arrival, you’ll proceed through the welcoming covered front porch into the open entry foyer and your first glimpse of the finely appointed details that are evident throughout the home. Extensive millwork and warm hued hardwood floors provide an elegant backdrop in the spacious rooms, all with 10’ ceilings, that surround the foyer. To the right, a formal Dining Room with coffered ceiling, recessed lighting and a large picture window is the perfect spot for an elegant meal. The neighboring Kitchen with crisp white custom cabinetry, top of the line appliances accented by fine granite and a marble tile backsplash provides the ideal setting for the preparation of a gourmet creation or a quick snack at the center island breakfast bar. For a causal evening meal, there’s no place more inviting than the adjacent Hearth Room where you’ll choose between views of flames flickering in the fireplace or the expansive backyard vistas. After dining, take advantage of the choice of spacious rooms in which to retire: Gather with friends in the airy Family Room highlighted by a gas fireplace and an Entertainment Alcove with fully equipped wet bar or settle in for intimate conversation and views of the front of the property in the neighboring Living Room featuring hardwood floors and an elegant coffered ceiling. The adjacent Powder Room is conveniently located for guests and daily family life while a Mud Room, fully finished with intricate woodwork and custom cubbies, has direct access to the Kitchen. A spacious bedroom/study with walk in closet and full hall bath completes the first level living space.
When its time to retire at the end of the evening you’ll proceed to the grand staircase leading up to the second level where a gallery hallway guides everyone to their own private retreat. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Suite as the flickering flames from the gas fireplace welcome you. The suite is impeccably designed with 2 walk-in closets and an en-suite, spa-like Master Bath boasting marble floors, a marble topped dual sink vanity, jetted tub and a walk-in steam shower. Continue down the hallway to find ample room for family and guests in five additional bedrooms, two with en suite arrangements and two more connected by a Jack & Jill bath. Enjoy the accessibility of the Laundry Room found on the second level. Then, continue on to the third level where options abound with the oversized Recreation Room, Study/Bedroom and Full Bath.
The finished lower level boasts 10’ ceilings, walk out access through French doors to the patio and landscaped gardens. The space is perfect for family game nights, hobby time, movie watching with friends and so much more. Enjoy the comfort and convenience of the Media Room wired for a home theatre system, a huge Recreation Room equipped with a wet bar and a large guest bedroom with a walk-in closet and en suite bath. And there’s more…a cutting edge Smart Home automated system by Crestron offers remote or in-home control of lighting, temperature, security and audio/video features throughout the entire home.
Upon viewing 792 Fairmont Avenue, you’ll undoubtedly see that its vast array of upgraded luxury features, flexible and spacious floor plan and highly sought after location with access to New Jersey’s top school system, a vibrant downtown shopping district and NYC transportation make this property the ideal place to call your family home.
**2016 TAXES REASSESSED TO APPROXIMATELY $37,000**
Floor by Floor Features of 792 Fairmount Avenue, Chatham, New Jersey
- Entry Foyer with wide plank Select Red Oak stained hardwood floors, 2 piece crown molding, solid wood entry door with sidelights and transom, recessed lighting and provision for chandelier, center staircase with oak treads and railings; access to Living Room, Dining Room and Family Room
- Dining Room with trimmed openings to Foyer, hardwood floors, two piece crown molding and coffered ceiling, recessed lighting, wired for center fixture, large picture window, doorway to Kitchen
- Living Room open to Foyer featuring hardwood floors with walnut border insets, two piece crown molding and coffered ceiling, paneled wainscoting, recessed lighting and 3 windows
- Kitchen with custom solid wood cabinets with glass fronted accents, granite countertops and marble backsplash, hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, large island work station with prep sink, Breakfast Bar and chandelier above, large Dining Area/Hearth Room featuring fireplace and 6 windows with backyard views, double sink with window above, stainless appliances including Viking 6-burner professional stove/oven combination, Sub Zero side-by-side refrigerator, Sub-Zero pullout freezer drawers, built-in microwave; French doors to deck, open to Hearth Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, gas fireplace with flush hearth and custom mantle, entertaining alcove featuring wet bar with sink, wine refrigerator, dishwasher and granite counter tops, wired for stereo system, French doors to deck
- Powder Room with hardwood floors, two piece crown molding, pedestal sink
- Mud Room with hardwood floors, two piece crown molding, custom built-in cubbies and coat closet, recessed lighting, bead board wainscoting and ceiling, doorway to Kitchen and bedroom
- Bedroom/Study with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, two piece crown molding, walk-in closet and full hall bath with tile floor, pedestal sink and shower
- Master Bedroom with raised ceiling, crown molding, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, walk-in closets with closet system, large walk-in storage closet, sitting room featuring large windows, fireplace with wood mantle and marble surround, doorway to En Suite Bath
- Master Bath with marble tile floor and ½ wall with decorative accents, linen closet, radiant heated floor, spa-like soaking tub, glass door walk-in steam shower with body sprays, rain-water shower head and built-in seat, double vanity with granite counter top, full wall mirror above and cabinets below
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown molding, walk-in closet, built-in cabinets, ceiling light, network ready, en suite Jack & Jill bath (shared with Bedroom #5) featuring double vanity, linen closet, shower over tub with custom tile
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown molding, walk-in closet, network ready, en suite bath with single vanity, linen closet, stall shower and custom tile
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, crown molding, walk-in closet, 4 windows, network ready, en suite bath with single vanity, linen closet, stall shower and custom tile
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, crown molding, walk-in closet, network ready and shared Jack & Jill bath (with Bedroom #2)
- Bedroom #6/Study with hardwood floors, crown molding, double closets, two windows, network ready, recessed lighting
- Finished attic with Recreation Room, Bedroom/Study, Full Bath, large open area with hardwood floors and hardwood bench seating, separate HVAC zone
- Recreation Room with pre-finished hardwood-look floor, 10’ ceiling, wet bar
- Media Room pre-wired for a home theater system by Audio Video Crafts
- Bedroom with walk-in closet and en suite Bath with tile floor and surround tile, linen closet, vanity and stall shower
- Unfinished utility/storage room
- Mechanical Room
- 2.7 acre lot with sodded front and side yard, seeded rear yard, foundation plantings and underground sprinkler system
- 3-car garage with electric doors
- 5 Zone forced hot air and A/C
- Sump pump and perimeter drains
- 10’ ceilings throughout first level and lower level; 9’ ceilings on second level
- Upgraded Fiberglass batt insulation and sound proofing throughout
- High tech Crestron System with remote or in-home Ipad control for lighting, temperature, security and audio/visual features
- Ceiling speakers mounted throughout 1st floor
- Programmable thermostats
- ADT hard wired fire and security system with battery back-up (wired for generator)
- Central vacuum system
- Network and cable ready
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.